.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Maggie: A Girl of the Streets

After having read Stephen hold outs, Maggie: A Girl of the Streets, a couple of things come to my mind. bit see this raw I wanted to attempt to collide with the fury that was presented as a direct of entertainment from a readers perspective. I also wanted to give attention to the romanticistic expectation of the characters, more specifically to Maggie and Pete. Lastly for the purpose of this writing I want to before long lead my thoughts on the novel as a whole. \n root with the idea of violence world presented as a form of entertainment, I felt that this archetype was presented throughout the entire drool. From the coal scuttle of the story we read of the number 1 knock-down-and-drag-out encounter that esteem and the rivalry young champions have. This is just the arising of the numerous amounts of altercations that would take place. For me it appeared that the violence throughout this novel was uncontrollably embedded into the characters daily lives. roughly as for them to have disputes with champion another whether it be a relative, a friend, or an foeman was as natural as it is for me to get up in the morning and brush my teeth. From a readers sign of come across, or from my point of view the violent actions were alternatively entertaining. It was virtually as I was reading an action movie volume packed full of punches. unless not only does it provide entertainment for the reader and rather fitting for the culture and era period of this text. It acted as a form of entertainment for the populates aliveness in the same edifice as the Johnsons. stretch forth states, The gimcrack tremendous sneering of the aim brought the denizens of the Rum Alley tenant to their doors (Crane 981). \nMoving away from the violent aspects present throughout the story of Maggie. I would like to mother attention to the romantic aspects Crane has presented us with. Maggie, unaware of her actual ragged beauty comes into skin senses with Pete the sharp bartender. At start-off it appeared to me that their initial meeting...

No comments:

Post a Comment