.

Sunday, January 27, 2019

Why I avoid social interaction

Over the give way few days I flummox been trying to find protrude why I avoid social interaction. Usu in solelyy, I dont feel comfortable to meet naked as a jaybird people. After meditating for sometime I found knocked out(p) that this problem was non an issue that came up in one single day but has developed over a number of years. I therefore went further to think round my olden life and the experience that may have led to this kind of bearing. This show analyzes these experience and their theoretical explanation using psychological eye. My mother is a teacher while my father is a doctor. They argon both energetic and have achieved a lot in their professionals.They evermore show me some of the medals they were awarded for their good functioning in their respective institutions. Apart from that, I have attended and witnessed them receiving the awards. The most significant instances included a ceremony where may father was named the doctor of the year after carrying o ut a working(a) operation which was thought to be too complicated and obstacle to action. good a month later, I witnessed my mother receiving a present as the teacher whose subject was best performed in that year. I was so travel by these two occasions that I promised to work hard and release a doctor like my father.One thing I didnt like in these ceremonies was that circumstance moment when my parents introduced me to their friends. I was normally modify with fear and shyness. My parents excessively realized that I was having a very difficulty time whenever we attended such occasions. We all discussed about my problem. They told me that even when I was young I was not scarce afraid of strangers but also shy. They concluded by telling me that this reaction would not stop all of a sudden but would even continue in the future. They both agreed that this may be the discernment why I was uneasy whenever I met new people.Back in my school, meetings were often held to evaluate the performance of the students. This was done to ensure that every student did well in examinations as well as to find out, if any, the problems why some students didnt perform well. Those students who performed sorryly in exams were punished and ridiculed. They were even nicknamed. On one particular day I was almost about to fall under this course of study of students. My parents were annoyed and cautioned me about the kind of friends I had in school. I was promised a present if I improved in school. I had to dedicate to a greater extent(prenominal) of my time in studies.I used to slip by most of my unemployed time in reflection movies and soaps. Though I didnt like this at first, I had no alternative since my family and I had moved to this sphere in which I was quite unfamiliar with. I eventually came to roll in the hay ceremonial the T. V and latestly I prefer this to going out and meeting new people. I usually overstep most of the good afternoon watching the TV and I have come to associate evenings with watching the TV. The presents my parents received motivated me so much that I had to set my ad hominem goal of being like them or even doing better.A tike personality is usually shaped by their personal interaction with their parents and forces which are unconscious. According to Maslow the inner need to fulfill ones potency which he referred to as self actualization is a process that continues all though ones life. In other words, it is not only applicable to childhood but also across on idiosyncratics lifespan (Slater A, Bremner G, 2003, pp. 57-58). I incessantly felt I that I would only achieve self actualization at that time when I will become a doctor and I had to give more time to my studies then going out to meet new people.psychoanalytical theory (Maslow theory of self actualization) is the reason why I always worked hard to become a doctor. However the theory may not explain my appearance since I have already changed my mind abou t my future career and I no longer long to be a doctor. My parents explanation about my air can be traced to mark theories where our actions in childhood are supposed to be manifested even when we bristle old. On the other hand this may not explain my behavior since not all what I did in my childhood is manifested in my current life situations (Ewen R, 1998, pp109). notice some students being punished and humiliated in front of their schoolmates forced me to work even harder to avoid the same. My parents reaction to my poor performance and their promise to reward me mounted pressure on me to spend more time in studying. Social learning theory is the reason why I spend more time in books and reject me to meet new people. I learned how grievous it was to fail in school by observing behaviors of others and outcomes of these behaviors (Bandura A, 1977, pp. 21-23) However some of my classmates shut away go out to meet new friends and their performance in class is excellent.Others sp end more time studying and perform poorly so this may not be the reason why I avoided social interactions. Watching the T. V came to be part of my life even though I didnt like it at first. upright condition is the reason why I long for the evenings because I love to watch movies and songs. According to Pavlov P. , conditioning implies to that process where neurological patterns become sufficiently established to make a response and there must also be reinforcement (Cropps R, 1986, pp. 98). I no longer watch TV in the evening.From the theory of classical conditioning the evening can can be taken to live the conditioned stimuli while the Tv soaps and movies represent the unconditioned stimuli. I enjoyed watching the Tv in the evening so much and an evening always reminded me of the soaps and movies. This theory may also not sufficiently explain my behavior because though I no longer watch the Tv in the evening, i still dont like going out to meet new people. All the theories discus sed above do not sufficiently explain my behavior even though they may be part of the explanation. I still dont have a concrete explanation of my behavior up to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment